Finished the Camper (Practically)!

This past week a lot of progress has been made on the camper – thanks in large part to my dad who helped me with resealing, caulking, and such.  As it stands, the camper is at a place where I am more or less comfortable with it, so any major renovations (such as removing water damaged wood panels) can be saved for later.  So, here’s some pictures to prove the progress!

Here’s the old webbing –  you can see it on the seam of the exterior of the cabover section. IMG_7038

And here’s what the new webbing looks like.  If you happen to need any for chair repair, camper seals, etc. follow this link: Two-Inch Latex Elasbelt Webbing for Chair Repair – 40′ Roll

IMG_7040

We sprayed some rust converter on the big ol’ rust spot on top of the truck cab – it turned black, so no more rust progression, just truck character.

IMG_7033

Here’s my dad helping redo the seals and caulking on the exterior seam of the camper.  We found some dry rot in the right side of the camper, but since it isn’t where the hydraulic system attaches and would be a long process to redo the whole top half of the camper, I’m just going to leave it there for now and not do too much wild off-roading.  IMG_7031

Product placement? Possibly, but in any case here’s the sealant used on the camper for recaulking the windows and sides. IMG_7041

Here’s the camper dinette cushions all reupholstered with a neat blanket I found at Goodwill (washed it prior to use).IMG_7036

Here’s the interior – almost done!  I just need to put in sheets on the cabover bed and any dishes/clothes/supplies I might want in the storage spaces.

IMG_7032

Just for fun, here’s a couple ceramic bowls I picked up at a street fair ($10 for both!) to put in the camper.   IMG_7042

So, all in all, the camper is pretty much set to go.  The fridge still only runs on electric and not propane, though it can be used as a glorified ice box or dry goods storage when not plugged in.  The water system was tested and works, though the water tank has a small leak toward the top.  I plan to either replace it or simply remove it and use the space to store containers of water, utilizing a simple gravity fed sink system or attaching a hose.  The cabover panels’ latches have been reinforced and are nice and stable now and the vents are also resealed.  All that’s left to do is get the truck’s transmission double checked and repair a cracked headlight casing – then on the road!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s